District of Carleton NorthPreviously the Town of Florenceville-Bristol
Through the Province’s Municipal Reform, the municipalities of Bath, Centreville and Florenceville-Bristol have amalgamated with the surrounding Local Service Districts (LSDs) of Glassville, Lakeville, Peel, Upper Kent, Wicklow, and Wilmot as well as a portion of the LSDs of Aberdeen, Kent and Simonds. These areas form the Carleton North high school catchment, and that has brought the communities together for the past 45 years. Just like Carleton North High School, the new District of Carleton North will serve and support this entire region on local government matters.
Accelerator Program Services Description
Smart Energy Communities Benchmark Assessment
Energy Mapping Exercise
CEEP Implementation Workshop
Training and Education Resources
- CEEP Course for Planners – This course is designed to build awareness and capacity for energy and climate planning among community planners and the Regional Service Commission (including consultants) to share best practices (i.e. policy, procedures and tools) and improve the quality, consistency and municipal capacity for implementing CEEPs.
- Navigation of additional resources, funding, Energy Advisors or expertise (also known as the “Help Desk”).
- Additional Webinars were provided by QUEST Canada, NB Power, Evergreen, B.C. CEA, EcoOuest, and others.
Networking and Communications Resources
- Municipal Working Group – this virtual working group is hosted by QUEST Canada for one hour every one to two months, and provides opportunities for municipalities to participate in peer-to-peer exchange, improve energy literacy, skills and competencies, learn from expert speakers, and more.
- Powered by Communities – an awareness-raising, communications and media platform that highlights and celebrates local community energy initiatives taking place across the country, from coast to coast to coast. Powered by Communities works alongside local experts, artists, writers, and journalists, to develop high-quality content and journalism that delivers informative stories, showcasing local energy initiatives from across Canada. The platform’s content is shared on QUEST Canada’s website and is often cross-published with various Canadian media outlets.
Community Acceleration Timeline
For updates on the project or to participate in any upcoming community SECA events please contact the community or project leads:
District of Carleton North's Website
To learn more about the District of Carleton North, visit the town website.