Enabling Community Energy Plan Implementationin New Brunswick
In 2019, the Enabling Municipal Implementation of Community Energy Plans (CEPs) project took 25 New Brunswick Municipalities through the Getting to Implementation framework to identify what steps were needed to help them grow their capacity to implement CEPs.
Through the support of the New Brunswick Environmental Trust Fund and New Brunswick Power, QUEST guided municipalities through workshops and virtual consultations, presented a recommendation report to each participating municipality, and identified the level and types of assistance communities across New Brunswick require to effectively implement CEPs.
Key activities included:
- In-person half-day workshops and virtual engagement sessions to grow capacity for plan implementation
- A CEP implementation readiness assessment using the Getting to Implementation tool for all 25 communities
- Analysis of engagement strategies and outcomes
- The preparation of recommendation reports for enabling the implementation of CEPs within each municipality
- A final report identifying the types of assistance New Brunswick communities require to implement CEPs
QUEST conducts and packages cutting edge applied research to empower practitioners and decision makers with the tools they need to advance Smart Energy Communities. Find out more about our projects:
All Net-Zero Pathways Begin With a Local Step October 2021 The Diverse Pathways to Net-Zero initiative examines the critical role that Canadian communities play on the pathway to net-zero.Project Overview During the first phase of this initiative, we published the...
May 2020 Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) presents a unique opportunity not only to tackle GHG emissions and improve local air quality, but also to advance a circular economy for municipalities. When implemented on a municipal scale, biomethane can also be injected into...
April 21, 2021 We're pleased to announce the launch of the New Brunswick Smart Energy Communities Accelerator Program (NB SECA Program), designed to accelerate economic development and GHG emission reduction efforts in 10 communities, including one First Nation in New...