Enabling Community Energy Plan Implementationin New Brunswick
In 2019, the Enabling Municipal Implementation of Community Energy Plans (CEPs) project took 25 New Brunswick Municipalities through the Getting to Implementation framework to identify what steps were needed to help them grow their capacity to implement CEPs.
Through the support of the New Brunswick Environmental Trust Fund and New Brunswick Power, QUEST guided municipalities through workshops and virtual consultations, presented a recommendation report to each participating municipality, and identified the level and types of assistance communities across New Brunswick require to effectively implement CEPs.
Key activities included:
- In-person half-day workshops and virtual engagement sessions to grow capacity for plan implementation
- A CEP implementation readiness assessment using the Getting to Implementation tool for all 25 communities
- Analysis of engagement strategies and outcomes
- The preparation of recommendation reports for enabling the implementation of CEPs within each municipality
- A final report identifying the types of assistance New Brunswick communities require to implement CEPs
QUEST conducts and packages cutting edge applied research to empower practitioners and decision makers with the tools they need to advance Smart Energy Communities. Find out more about our projects:
May 2020 Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) presents a unique opportunity not only to tackle GHG emissions and improve local air quality, but also to advance a circular economy for municipalities. When implemented on a municipal scale, biomethane can also be injected into...
The purpose of the New Brunswick Smart Energy Communities Accelerator Pilot Program (NB SECA Program) is to establish a community energy planning accelerator to assist a series of New Brunswick communities and one First Nation by equipping them with the tools and...
The Accelerating the Implementation of Renewable Energy (AI-RE) protocol is a free online resource for Canadian municipalities. It consists of 5 action items and associated resources on: The roles municipalities can play in renewable energy development How to find and...