Resilient Pipes & Wires
Key Objectives of the Project
The objectives of the Resilient Pipes and Wires initiative were to:
- Assess the level of climate adaptation awareness and measures within the Canadian energy distribution sector
- Document the state and scope of climate adaptation awareness and measures
- Identify issues associated with these measures
- Outline the drivers and barriers for taking measures
- Identify the policies relevant to climate adaptation measures in the Canadian energy distribution sector
- Document how these policies were acting as drivers or barriers
- Recommend measures to address barriers and leverage drivers
Watch the Webinar
QUEST conducts and packages cutting edge applied research to empower practitioners and decision makers with the tools they need to advance Smart Energy Communities. Find out more about our projects:
May 2020 Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) presents a unique opportunity not only to tackle GHG emissions and improve local air quality, but also to advance a circular economy for municipalities. When implemented on a municipal scale, biomethane can also be injected into...
The purpose of the New Brunswick Smart Energy Communities Accelerator Pilot Program (NB SECA Program) is to establish a community energy planning accelerator to assist a series of New Brunswick communities and one First Nation by equipping them with the tools and...
The Accelerating the Implementation of Renewable Energy (AI-RE) protocol is a free online resource for Canadian municipalities. It consists of 5 action items and associated resources on: The roles municipalities can play in renewable energy development How to find and...