Resilient Pipes & Wires
Key Objectives of the Project
The objectives of the Resilient Pipes and Wires initiative were to:
- Assess the level of climate adaptation awareness and measures within the Canadian energy distribution sector
- Document the state and scope of climate adaptation awareness and measures
- Identify issues associated with these measures
- Outline the drivers and barriers for taking measures
- Identify the policies relevant to climate adaptation measures in the Canadian energy distribution sector
- Document how these policies were acting as drivers or barriers
- Recommend measures to address barriers and leverage drivers
Watch the Webinar
QUEST conducts and packages cutting edge applied research to empower practitioners and decision makers with the tools they need to advance Smart Energy Communities. Find out more about our projects:
Do you need help to create your climate adaptation plan and increase your resilience against the impacts of climate change and extreme weather? Apply for the Climate Adaptation Program!
All Net-Zero Pathways Begin With a Local Step October 2021 The Diverse Pathways to Net-Zero initiative examines the critical role that Canadian communities play on the pathway to net-zero.Project Overview During the first phase of this initiative, we published the...
May 2020 Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) presents a unique opportunity not only to tackle GHG emissions and improve local air quality, but also to advance a circular economy for municipalities. When implemented on a municipal scale, biomethane can also be injected into...