Atlantic CanadaEnergy Data Roadmap
BUILDING AN ATLANTIC CANADA ENERGY DATA ROADMAP
The Roadmap starts with a vision for an energy information system that collects data in a comprehensive manner and regularly reports on an aggregated basis for community energy and emissions inventories. The Roadmap is also guided by a series of values which include:
- The need for society to make informed and good energy and environmental policy, program and investment decisions, and measure success.
- The protection of personal information by requiring the de-identification of energy use data before public reporting.
- The right of consumers to decide if they want to share personal energy data, and enable them to do so in an informed, secure, and simple manner.
- Technology solutions that use common standards and operate with simplicity, clarity, and enhanced accountability for users and efficiency programmers.
- Technology solutions that improve operations.
- Regional and national cooperation and linkages to other information initiatives.
VisionAn Atlantic Canada energy information system that collects data
in a comprehensive manner and regularly reports aggregated information for community energy and emissions inventories; manages the data collected in a secure and private manner; uses the data to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of energy systems; and, enables consumers to access and share their individual data on an informed, voluntary basis to gain insights into energy use patterns for the benefits of themselves and society.
QUEST conducts and packages cutting edge applied research to empower practitioners and decision makers with the tools they need to advance Smart Energy Communities. Find out more about our projects: