- Cet évènement est passé.
Retrofit Canada Conference
mai 12 - mai 13From $212.50
The energy efficiency sector in Canada has continued to thrive, with the countries’ target to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 80% by 2050. These efforts have already reduced GHG emissions from federal operations by 28% from 2005 levels, and the government is on track to reach the existing commitment of 40% by 2030.
With a focus on cutting carbon emissions radically for new buildings over the next decades, the Zero Emissions Building Plan (ZEB) was introduced and is based on highly energy-efficient houses using only renewable energy. The City of Vancouver’s plan is to build only new ZEBs, alongside retrofitting older buildings to a higher energy efficiency standard, while also switching to renewable energy supply for these.
The city of Toronto will start charging parking owners for the cost of managing stormwater runoff to spur more thoughtful development and retrofitting in the city and a support the adoption of green infrastructure.
The first annual Retrofit Canada Conference will focus on the opportunities for innovation to achieve greater sustainability and energy efficiency through retrofitting Canada’s infrastructure and buildings – commercial, industry, schools, government and residential. It is the most prominent platform for key players in the energy efficiency, sustainability and retrofitting sectors to meet, network and exchange ideas on achieving Canada’s 2050 goal.
le Retrofit Canada Conference will focus on recent laws and regulations, financing large scale retrofit projects, market trends and new technologies, project updates, investment opportunities, partnership models and sustainability.
High-level decision makers from the government, key municipalities and authorities, project owners, facilities managers, financiers, sustainability experts, technology providers and consultants will all gather in one room to discuss all the above and more.
Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- Recent laws and regulations implemented in Canada and North America to support retrofit and Co2 reduction: Provide an update on retrofit strategies across Canada
- Retrofit plans and growing opportunities in Canada and the US: Give an insight on the progress of implemented programs and plans in the region
- Existing projects and future opportunities in sustainability and retrofitting: Case studies from hotels, commercial buildings, residential buildings, schools, hospitals and more
- Financing Large Scale retrofitting projects and green start-ups
- Role of innovation and Artificial intelligence in reducing energy consumption
- Latest technologies available in achieving energy and water efficiency savings
- Benchmark with other international markets: US, UK, Germany and the UAE